We started our business operations from a data center facility located at 1801 California Street in downtown Denver. In our Denver data center facility, we have over 4,000 square feet of raised floor and another 2,500 square feet of office space to support our day-to-day business operations and on-site staff.
Located in Denver’s central business district, the building of the data center has power feeds from multiple substations. The electrical service is connected to our Mitsubishi 375KVA UPS, which delivers conditioned power to our Denver data center facility. In the event of a utility power failure, the diesel generator will immediately start carrying the entire data center load. Building life safety systems are backed up by a separate generator.
Cooling and humidity is controlled by 7 air handling units featuring N+1 redundancy. The HVAC units keep the operating environment in the Denver data center at 70 degrees within 45% humidity with variation of no more than 4 degrees to temperature and 4% humidity. To ensure that optimal cooling and air circulation is available at all times, air flow studies are conducted and an analysis with infrared heat sensing cameras is performed on a regular basis. We also have local and remote data center environmental monitoring systems in place.
Our Denver data center facility is located in a building that has 24/7 onsite security. After business hours, all individuals entering or exiting the building are required to present building credentials and sign in with onsite security staff. Upon doing so, they are only granted elevator access to the floor they need access to. Additionally, the data center facility has its own security system which consists of access control systems within the office suite and remotely monitored video surveillance.
Fire Detection and Suppression
Fire detection within the data center is provided by an early detection alarm system monitored both within the office suite and by the building’s 24/7 security staff. Our Denver data center facility has detectors installed both above and below the raised flooring. The fire suppression system is a pre-action, dry pipe which would discharge water only from the appropriate locations when the heat in the data center increases enough to trigger a fire sprinkler head. The discharge of a sprinkler would signal the emergency power-off switch, which would simultaneously turn off the commercial electrical power to the data center and switch to UPS power.
We maintain a fully redundant, enterprise class network, end-to-end.
Edge and Core Infrastructure
Our network is powered by a pair of redundant Juniper M5 routers and Cisco 6500 series switches. All of the edge and core equipment is interconnected in a full network mesh to provide maximum redundancy and scalability. Internally, our hosting network operates at 2 Gb/sec.
IP Transit / Connectivity
We maintain direct connectivity with TW Telecom, Level(3), Internap and Comcast. Through these providers we maintain local peering in Denver to the following 10 networks: Level(3) x2, TW Telecom, Qwest, AT&T, Sprint, UUNET / Verizon Business, Savvis, XO, Global Crossing and Comcast.
All critical network infrastructure is monitored on 60 second intervals, both internally and externally to our network. Any potential issues with our network infrastructure are immediately escalated to company management.
InfrastructureOur Chicago data facility is located at 725 S Wells St in downtown Chicago. It has 6,000 square feet of raised floor (expandable to 30,000 square feet).
PowerThe power systems are equipped with the level of redundancy that guarantees continuous operation. To ensure that our Chicago data center facility is always operational all the time, a multi-layer power generation system, using some of the highest grade equipment, is in place. Conditioned AC power with two independent A and B power buses, respectively, is available. In addition, UPS, battery and diesel generators back up every power system. Unlike some other US data centers the climate control and security measures are also backed up with redundant power to ensure clean operation during power outages. The UPS systems maintain three hours of battery backup and a 2 MW diesel generator is onsite for longer outages. If there are issues with the diesel generator three hours of battery backup gives ample time to dispatch a portable diesel generator system, if needed.
EnvironmentalAir control is critical in maintaining fast and efficient performance of our equipment. To create the right environment, the Chicago data center is fitted with a comprehensive HVAC system that delivers constant, ideal air conditions, between 68 and 74 degrees Fahrenheit and between 40% and 50% relative humidity at all times. Our data center facility HVAC system uses efficient and effective chilled water cooling and not a standard forced/chilled air configuration. HVAC systems maintain a minimum of N+1 redundancy, allowing this Chicago data center to boast of a constant, cool environment that is conducive to our mission-critical equipment and operations.
SecurityVisual confirmation and strict sign-in procedures, both conducted by trained security personnel, along with key cards and photo ID verification ensure that only authorized personnel have access to our data center. No customers are allowed in our space unattended and staff is on-site 24/7. In addition, all aspects of the Chicago data center are monitored and recorded via color, hi-resolution digital video cameras. All video footage is kept on hand for a period of at least 30 days.
Fire Detection and SuppressionA state-of-the-art fire suppression system constantly monitors the physical environment for smoke, chemicals and other hazardous materials that might spark a fire. The data center uses a dual-interlock pre-action sprinkler system throughout the facility. These pipes are dry-filled with compressed air – until two alarm conditions are reached thereby releasing the valve to charge the system. Water is only released in the area when a sprinkler head has lost its seal, or is actuated, due to heat, and the fire detection system has detected a fire condition. If a head is accidentally knocked off, water does not flow into the system. Any water discharged will be sprinkler-head specific, which will limit the potential for damage caused by over-spray.
- We maintain a fully redundant, enterprise class network, end-to-end
- Available Networks – Steadfast Networks, Abovenet, AT&T, Verizon, Qwest, Level(3), RCN and Atlantic Metro
- Fiber Diversity – Dual fully diverse fiber paths, building entry points and in-building riser
- Available Networks – Steadfast Networks, Abovenet, AT&T, Verizon, Qwest, Level(3), RCN and Atlantic Metro
- Transport Services – 1.25 Gbit/sec and 10 Gbit/sec DWDM Waves and Layer 2 Transport to 600/700 Federal (Abovenet)and 350 E Cermak (TelX/MMR and Equinix)
- Internal Cabling – Cat6/6a for 10 Gigabit Ethernet, SMF/MMF Available, Overhead Fiber Trays
- Redundant Cisco 6500 (SUP720) core routers/switches
- Cisco 3560-E series distribution layer switches
- Cisco 2950/2960 series aggregation/customer layer switches
- InterNAP FCP for Performance Network route optimization
- 10 Gigabit Ethernet internal backbone
- Backbone Carrier
- Level(3) – Direct 10 GigE (10,000mbit/sec)
- NTT – Direct 10 GigE (10,000mbit/sec)
- nLayer – Direct 10 GigE (10,000mbit/sec)
- Abovenet, AT&T, Verizon, Quest, Level(3), RCN and Atlantic Metro
- 4 hour Manned Security, CCTV & Intruder Alarms
- 24 hour on site Network Operations Centre (NOC)
- 2 x 1MW Generators
- 0.75 kW/m² power density
- N+1 Air Conditioning Systems
- Dual zone fire detection
- Up to 63A MCCB’s within PDUs
- Dark Fibre Capability & Diverse Fibre Entry
- Carrier Neutral
- 2 x 500 kVA UPS (N+1)
- Controlled Environment – room temperature 24°C +/- 2°C
- 12kN/m² raised floor system – 480mm void
Network FeaturesFrom inception, our network has been designed with two objectives in mind: no single point of failure, and minimal latency. Connecting our data centres is a fully resilient fibre ring which provides resiliency and diversity to minimise the impact of a failure. Each data centre network hub houses a pair of Cisco Catalyst 7600 series modular routers each equipped with dual supervisors and power supplies. Each router has a range of 7600 series fabric-enabled line cards to support both fibre and copper connections, enabling 100Mbps through to 10Gbps connections for customers in any location. Our national MPLS enabled network enables private circuits to be provided to customers not only between our datacentre sites but to their offices or customer locations. Our internet breakout locations have are equipped with best of breed Cisco networking hardware. Transit is provided by a blend of Tier 1 providers and private peering agreements to ensure that your content takes the fastest route to its destination. Automatic systems constantly monitor our entire network, transit links and servers. In the event of any problem, our London data center teams are on site 24 hours a day. We hold on-site spares for the critical equipment that powers our network to assist us in ensuring that we maintain our 100% uptime guarantee.
TrafficOur network routes over 40Gbps of traffic at peak times and has over 100Gbps of internet capacity available at any time. Each of the switches has a 720 Gbps backplane fabric giving an even greater capacity. Our customers have the ability to connect to our network in more than one location thus increasing their own service resiliency. Our managed hosting customers can pass traffic between their own ports and can even request secure private services running on our MPLS backbone.
- Point to Point Connectivity available
- MPLS solutions within datacentres and your offices
- Private fiber links between all data centres
- Multi-site solutions for true Disaster Recovery
- Multiple Tier 1 Transit providers
- In excess of 100Gb of connectivity
- Direct peering with LINX and the largest UK hosting entities
Our Singapore data centre is situated in downtown Singapore with excellent connectivity and redundancy. This data center location will help us to boost our capabilities for delivering hosting and cloud services throughout the Asia Pacific region. This Singapore data center is located in facility owned by Digital Reality. Digital Realty’s 29A International Business Park property, a 370,500 square foot (34,421 square meter) data center facility is located in Singapore’s Jurong East area. The seven-story data centre development project delivers up to 30 megawatts of 2N UPS capacity and a design that enables it to support both dedicated and VPS environments.
- Standardized Pod Design – Standardized, best-practices-based facilities.
- Redundant, Best-in-class Infrastructure – Redundant power, cooling, and network carriers.
- High Performance Rack Architecture – Better power, bandwidth, and support for each server.
- Compliance, Controls, and Security – 24×7 on-site security. Rigorous controls. Peace of mind.
- n+1 UPS Battery Backup Units
- n+1 Backup Power Generators
- n+1 Cooling Infrastructure
- Pre-Action Dry Pipe Fire Suppression
- Multi-Level Access Control.
- Our unmatched network delivers scalability and control because we built a different kind of network — a network of networks. Public, private, and management traffic travel across separate network interfaces, segregating and securing traffic while streamlining management.
- Public Network – Multiple 10Gbps connections to top-tier transit and peering network carriers.
- Private Network – This is completely separate from the public network, and it enables you to seamlessly connect your services through separate channel. Move data between servers at no cost, and take advantage of update and patch servers, software repositories, backend services, and more without interfering with public network traffic.
- Management Network – In addition to the public and private networks, each our server is connected to an out-of-band management network. This management network, accessible via VPN, allows access to your server independently of its CPU, firmware and operating system for maintenance and administration purposes. Perform OS reloads, power-cycle your server, or simply use the IPMI connection to watch your server boot up as though you were standing in the data center with a keyboard, monitor, and mouse physically connected.
- Best-in-class Network Infrastructure – Powered with Cisco Systems 10G Network, Arbor Peakflow Traffic Analysis and DDOS Protection utilizing multiple vendors.
- IPv6 Support – Native IPv6 support. No need to tunnel IPv6 over IPv4 networks.
- Connectivity – NTT (2 * 10Gbps), Pacnet (1 * 10Gbps), PCCW (1 * 10Gbps), TeliaSonera (2 * 10Gbps), Telstra (2 * 10GBps), Equinix (3 * 10Gbps), Starhub (1 * 10Gbps).